As a Senior Engineer you are responsible for a sub-domain in the automotive area within the department Application Software, part of our customer Embedded Engineering. Next to that you will operate as a Scrummaster in one of the Agile development teams.
The automotive functional area comprises functions which are related to either powertrain or cab/chassis related functionalities. Supporting services like communication and diagnostics can also be domains which you will manage. Based on your experience you will be responsible for one of the sub-domains.
- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within a functional sub-domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation;
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the technical requirement documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
As part of this role you will also take up the role as Scrummaster in one of the Agile application software development teams. In that role you will guide the team process according the according the model based design processes and Agile principles.
Support all the Scrummaster tasks like: backlog refinement, sprint estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint status overviews, sprint retrospective
Support the Scrum team by remove impediments, motivating and stimulating them and supporting process improvements
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group.
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in automotive functional domain;
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with Agile/scrum;
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of CAN communication, diagnostics and OBD;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
Our engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families that will meet future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of our engines and vehicles.
The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. As Senior Engineer Powertrain you will be working in the Application Software group.
For more information please contact Ruud van der Velden or Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00