Senior Engineer specialized within the powertrain area with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Within the Truck Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of engines and Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. As Senior Engineer Powertrain you will be working in the Application Software group.
As Senior Engineer Powertrain you are responsible for a sub-domain in the powertrain area within the department Application Software, part of Embedded Engineering.
The powertrain functional area comprises functions which control engine functionalities, such as air management, fuel management and torque/speed control of the engine. Supporting functionalities like input/output processing of sensor and actuators, engine brake, idle control, thermal management etc. are part of the shared work package as well. Based on your experience you will be responsible for one of the sub-domains.
- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within a functional sub-domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation;
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the technical requirement documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
- As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
As Senior Engineer Powertrain you are part of an agile software development team, that will also develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group and functionally to the System Owner Application Software.
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the powertrain functional domain (e.g. air/fuel management, torque/speed control);
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of CAN communication, diagnostics and OBD;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
Please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 259 50 00 for more information.