Are you a data-driven person with automotive affinity? Do you want play a key role in the development of our high quality engines? If so, we might have the opportunity you are looking for!
As System Performance Data Scientist you are responsible for data analysis within the Engine Development department, part of Product Development. Several data sources are available that provide information on specific performance characteristics of both Engine and After treatment system integrated in customer and field test vehicles.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to discover and develop high-impact data analytics need and data opportunities in the Engine and After treatment development department
- Report on current system performance and suggest improvement areas
- Setup storage and processing of data
- Develop and monitor KPI’s on system performance
- Setup processes to transfer different data sources to useable formats for Product Development
- Setup and improve standard reporting for engineering and management purposes
- Perform ad-hoc data analyses to support Product Development
In the position of Performance Data Scientist you will report to the Engineering Supervisor System Performance.
- Technical education on Master or Bachelor level in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Data science, or similar
- Proven affinity with data analysis
- Highly proficient in Matlab and Microsoft Excel, Knowledge on R and Tableau is preferable
- Experienced in working in multidisciplinary teams
- Attention to details and delivering high quality work
- Strong analytical skills with a results oriented attitude
- Great communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Fluent in English and DutchA valid work permit is required
For more information please contact Henri Baltussen or Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00
In our state-of-the-art engine development center we develop engine families for current and future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-of-class products in the European and American transportation world. We are driven to provide environmentally-friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacturing and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
You’ll be part of the Engine Integration & Validation department (EI&V). EI&V is amongst others responsible for integration of the engine and after treatment into an optimized system working together with all types of vehicles. This integrated system should have robust and precise diagnostic capabilities.