The Application Engineer CAD-E is responsible for the definition and delivery of the Mentor Graphics based PCB Design solution by collecting user needs from R&D engineers and implementing them. He is a functional specialist in the PCB design discipline and combines his expertise with small-scale projects to deploy solution updates. He is the contact for the engineering community using the PCB Design solution and aligns and prioritizes their requirements within the direction set by the department leader. He manages the solution lifecycle from identifying user needs to maintaining legacy solutions for regulatory purposes. He ensures operational excellence within his solutions scope. He ensures that the solution in his scope meet regulatory requirements
Justification: Need to support the acceleration of the PCBA Platform roll-out.
- Specific knowledge of the electronic and printed circuit board design engineering discipline within the I2M domain and Mentor Graphics Xpedition Enterprise, including middleware and interfaces to other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of computer systems and operating systems.
- Good understanding of IT Operations, and management of R&D IT solutions
- General understanding of end-to-end I2M processes, related requirements for tooling and the impact.
Experience & training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Electronics Engineering
- 3 years of relevant working experience as application support engineer (must have)
- Experience as PCBA design engineer (pré)
- Experience in deployment and training new R&D sites and users
- Experienced in communicating, connecting with and supporting technically oriented users
- Experience in regulated environments
For more information please contact Ruud van der Velden or Rolf Drenthen tel: (040) 259 50 00