Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel engines?
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
- ‘All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today’
- Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product for our customers.
- Making sure our OBD scan-tool communication complies with legal and standardization requirements
- Create calibrations for scan-tool functions and Execute Test cases related to scan-tool operation
- Coordinate internal activities related to these topics.
- Update certification documentation to provide legislator with required information
As OBD Communication Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation.
- Bachelor of Master degree on mechanical or electrical engineering with an interest for automotive or vehicle engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with SAE 1939-71/73 CAN is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge on OBD regulation and OBD systems.
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
- Good MS-Office skills are mandatory.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch.
- A valid work permit is required.
For more information please contact Henri Baltussen or Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.