Within the Truck Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; Engine Aftertreatment HW, CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine Auxiliaries.
For the FIETU group, we have an open position for an all-around mechanical expert.
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project product, as well as running business activities. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem solving team.
You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project.
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the FIETU Engine group.
- Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thanks to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- Pro-active and result driven, organisational skills
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial
Please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 259 50 00 for more information.