An analytic talent providing new insights to improve product conceptual designs in truck engine development: Lead Engineer – Big Data / Fuel and CO2 Analytics for Vehicle Development.
When starting new vehicle developments it is essential to have the most accurate information on the operating conditions of trucks and truck components. The growing availability of many big data sources enables this information to derived more complete and accurate. Based on this information requirements will be set for new vehicle and component designs, maximally optimized to operating conditions. This information will also be essential for optimal control function development.
- Within the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Lead Engineer – Big Data Analytics for Vehicle Development.
- To convert data that are available in our databases (field test data, connected truck data, fleet management data, service databases, etc.) and public databases (traffic, climate, road data, transport, etc.) into valuable information to steer upfront specifications, developments and simulations of new truck designs.
- To condense this information into SMART use cases and cycles for optimizing and validating new designs with simulations in the Technical Analysis department.
In this function you will play a central role in data analytics for all vehicle development departments with main focus on energy management/CO2 and durability of trucks.
- Translate pro-actively the requests of stakeholders in different knowledge domains (property owners, system owner, simulation engineers) into information models and show and prove possible outcome to these stakeholders.
- Set up analysis plans, define required data and data sources and analyses methods.
- Create required access to large data sources and tools within our IT infrastructure.
- Adapt and use the appropriate tools for merging and analyzing the data.
- Use advanced analysis methods to derive relevant, reliable and usable information.
- Visualize and communicate the results on various levels, ranging from engineers, system & property owner until senior management of product development.
- Attune and communicate requirements for tools and infrastructure with ITD.
- Maintaining the data analytics capabilities by implementing new methods and processes in close cooperation with other data analysts and data scientists within the our organization and other divisions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent analytical skills including statistics on MSc. level.
- Domain knowledge in automotive design, preferably on energy management.
- Good knowledge of data analytics methods and tools (like datamining, machine learning, SQL, Matlab, R, Python, Rapidminer, Hadoop, etc.) and affinity with IT systems/applications.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing in both Dutch and English.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and critical towards representativeness and accuracy of results.
The Technical Analysis department consists of a team with 15 specialists, responsible for the numerical optimization, verification and validation of new vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: Fuel Economy and CO2 emission, Aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, Vehicle Handling, Crash Safety, Durability.
These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
For more information please contact Henri Baltussen or Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00