For the Harness Engineering group, within Product Development department Vehicle Electrics / Electronics we are looking for an enthusiastic Harness Engineer. As an engineer you have automotive knowledge in the field of electrical installation. You are responsible for the development activities that are required within your field.
Your responsibilities will variate in two main areas:
- Harness Engineering: In cooperation with system owners and bundle engineers you will draw up vehicle schematics where you are a central key engineer in the various adjustments that are required.
- Bundle Engineering: within the SE team (simultaneous engineering teams PD and Production Engineering, Purchasing etc.) you will develop and coordinate the best routing for wiring harnesses, you will coordinate interfaces and various supports that are needed with installation groups within PD.
You are also responsible for various proto and serial production releases of electrical components of bundle engineering. The concepts and final production releases created by you are a well-considered design concept in which the set requirements (including reliability, manufacturability, costs and weight) are realized.
- You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process;
- The wire tree routing (CAD files) are created in NX and processed in 3D files.
- Using a specific software package (Saber), the necessary diagrams, product and composition drawings are made.
- You are responsible for starting up and following up the necessary tests. In the position of Harness Engineer you will work closely with fellow engineers and report to the supervisor Harness Engineering.
- HBO / Bachelor Electrical Engineer, mechanical engineer or comparable.
- Relevant Automotive and Electrical Installation working experience.
- Experience in High Voltage and Low Voltage in Automotive / Electrical Vehicles is a pré
- You are able to convert technical challenges into realistic products. You are decisive, independent and have a passionate collegial attitude and can work well in a team.
- Fluent English required. Dutch and German is a pré
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000