Technical Teamplayer with strong communication skills, who is able to develop components for future engine and aftertreatment platforms Department
Engine & aftertreatment development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and aftertreatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Hardware & Design is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and aftertreatment systems and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection Equipment & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and aftertreatment.
In your position as Hardware Mechanical Expert your responsibilities are;
- Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project.
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor validation and releases in line with project milestones.
- Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
Analyse results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management..
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Min 3 years of mechanical/hardware experience in a product development environment.
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- You are able to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with ambition to learn Dutch
- Automotive knowledge is a pre
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000