The department Vehicle Control within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These functions are applied in all our HD Trucks.
The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible to define and design the Functional Safety Concept of different vehicle functions (cabin-, powertrain-, and chassis-related) according to ISO26262, captured in separate deliverables (Item Definition, HARA, Functional Safety Concept).
Your main tasks will be to design the Safety Concept together with the function designers. You actively gather stakeholder requirements, perform analyses, define and document the design. You are a strong analytical thinker with practical experience and the ability to see the bigger picture. Also, you will develop a vision and strategy w.r.t. Functional Safety tools and processes within the department and develop, maintain and share knowledge and knowhow, keeping pace with both internal and external (innovative) developments.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers.
A Functional Safety Engineer:
- Has at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be familiar with process as described in ISO26262
- BSc or MSc background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain
- Has an analytical mind
- Must be able to do in-depth analyses while maintining a high level overview
- Easily and actively approaches different stakeholders and be the connecting element
- Has experience with Matlab/Simulink and IBM Doors Requirements Management Tool or similar
- Can fluently speak and write Dutch and English
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden (040 25 95 000)