Function Lead Engineer Application Software
Technical lead on all embedded systems supporting electric driven trucks with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
For the Embedded Engineering – Platform Development department we are looking for a Function Lead Engineer. As Function Lead Engineer you are responsible for the technical lead on Application Software (ASW) for all the embedded controllers we customize to support electric driven trucks.
- Monitor and discuss technical status of function/ASW development for electric truck related embedded systems with the internal stakeholders; technical status relates to both issue resolution and change requests;
- Create functional reference architecture and Software Architecture Design (SWAD) templates;
- You work closely together with the domain specialists; you coordinate domain exceeding activities within the platform and distribute domain specific activities according the functional reference architecture;
- Align with external stakeholders to be prepared for upcoming functions and features in future projects;
- Supports Product Owner on Functional and Application SW related topics
In the position of Function Lead Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Application Software.
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the electric powertrain functional domain
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.
The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of (CAN) communication and diagnostics;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000