DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy-duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Group Inc.
Within PACCAR, DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre, we develop engine families for future regulations.
Their engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. They are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for their customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks they offer multiple opportunities to contribute to their success in a multidisciplinary team. Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines. To support the growth in projects and technology development.we are looking for a well-qualified engine performance calibration engineer:
- Develop heavy-duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration
- Performance validation of new proto engines
- Analyse and solve deviations
- Monitor spread
- Deliver feedback for improvements
- Take part on one of many engine calibration tasks within the team
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in project teams
For a Truck producer, we are recruiting an Engine Performance Calibration Engineer.
- Preferably a Master’s degree or Bachelor in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Data acquisition (AVL Puma) AT/Inca
- Experience on heavy-duty truck engine calibration is a preference
- Matlab experience (modelling and scripting) is a preference
- Knowledge of statistics
We are looking for someone with the following competences:
- Initiative Cooperating Result orientation Progress monitoring Attention to details Perseverance
- Good English skills are mandatory and Dutch skills are a pre
- In possesion of a valid workpermit