A self-organizing and proactive Embedded Software Engineer who loves to take responsibility and who wants to play a key role in making our trucks safer to drive and environment friendlier
Do you want to develop software in a full model based software environment for embedded controllers?
Do you want to play a key role in developing software, in particular application software, to enable our Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by lowering cost of operation, making trucks safer to drive and environment friendlier?
For Embedded Engineering, part of Truck Development, we are searching for Embedded Software Engineers
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story / feature
- Understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts it out (with support from the scrum master where required)
- Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the Supervisor Platform Development Software Engineering
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with model based software environments such as Simulink and knowledge of methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience with automotive standards such as ISO26262 and with developing AUTOSAR Software Components
- Fluent in English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language
- Ability to collaborate well in teams & across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing proactive workstyle & adapt to change.
- You have a valid wokpermit
- You will be part of the Platform Development team of our Embedded Engineering dept. that is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- Embedded Engineering has over 100 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
- Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India.
- Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with Embedded Engineering located in the USA.
- The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on our trucks but also in the famous brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.