We are one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for:
- the translation of requirements on a functional level into a physical Electric/Electronic (E/E) Architecture consisting of Control Systems; a combination of hardware and software components,
- the further split of our developed Control Systems into an architecture consisting of hardware, Basic Software and Application Software,
- and maintenance of expertise in key areas, like data-security, diagnostics and functional safety
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified E/E Architect for Electrification projects, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
As Junior E/E Architect you will be part of a team which develops the E/E architecture for the entire vehicle. Within this multidisciplinary team you will work together with a fellow E/E Architect to represent the support the electrification projects, and will take responsibility for a set of functions.
You will be responsible for:
Definition of the E/E architecture, together with your fellow architects
Mapping of your functions onto the E/E components within this architecture
Refinement of the functional interfaces to hardwired I/O and network interfaces, like CAN and CAN-FD
Mapping and refinement of functional and non-functional requirements to Control Systems
Documentation of the functions
Maintenance, improvement and extension of the architecture
You will review and approve:
Stakeholder requirement documents
You will support:
Root cause analyses of complex issues
Process definitions and improvements
Development and rollout of necessary processes and tools
In this position you will report to the Supervisor of the Architecture department and meet frequently with the Function Architects and Designers, Control System Architects, Principle Engineer Functional Safety, Product Owner Cyber Security and Control System Owners.
- Technical education on master level with a specialisation in control theory, electrical- or automotive engineering
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of embedded software and/or hardware
Knowledge of automotive safety and standards (ISO 26262 and SPICE)
- Knowledge of CAN communication standards (J1939)
- Experience with automotive electrification, incl. high-voltage, is a plus
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML and DOORSNG is a plus
- Experience with Change- and Configuration management is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract / conceptualize
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Fluent in English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form. Dutch language is a pré.
Please contact Ruud van der Velden or Rolf Drenthen for more inforrmation tel: (040) 259 50 00