In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system), Base engine and Engine Auxiliaries. In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a design engineer.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group as well as the Project Lead Engineer. As a design engineer you have a variety of responsibilities:
Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you design new air management components / systems for application on future engine families. Your focus is functionality reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (work and / or internships)
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- Good knowledge of English (Dutch is pré)
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools asap
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive Engine or Combustion knowledge is very beneficial