we produce engines, cabs, axles and chassis assemble vehicles in various facilities. Our core activities concentrate on the development, production, marketing, sales and service of light, medium and heavy duty vehicle. Our products are sold and serviced by a network of over one thousand independent dealer locations throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Our Parts organization has become the leading distributor of qualitative truck parts and service concepts. Through our dealer network we can provide our customers additional benefits for truck and trailer servicing and repair. Using an impressive combination of highly trained staff and the very latest IT storage and picking systems, the company’s Parts Distribution Centers in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Spain, Hungary, Moscow and Panama, deliver the right parts to the right destination in time.
As Demand Planner / Analyst you are responsible for managing Parts Europe demand forecast for a designated group of parts in support of the Inventory Planning team. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and communication of department metrics, reporting and ad-hoc analysis related to the demand forecast and supply plan.
Main responsibilities as a Demand Planner include:
- Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns and business trends
- Manage the process of gathering data from internal and external sources and creating an accurate monthly demand forecast to meet customer needs while avoiding obsolete inventory and maximize part availability
- Manage S&OP process for designated product groups
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing teams to understand baseline demand, promotions, new product launches and integrate this information into the plan
- Perform continuous analysis in order to advise Management on problems and significant variances between existing forecasts and actual demand
- Identify and address major forecasting issues or risks for discussion and resolution
- Review weekly and monthly sales trends for orders and shipments to provide an analysis to cross-functional teams and to drive necessary changes to demand forecast
- Phase in / -out promotions, new product introductions and discontinued products
- Mentor and train Inventory Planners as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree highly desirable) in Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Logistics or a related discipline
- 2-3 years of professional experience in Demand Planning or a related field
- Excellent communication and organization skills and a pro-active attitude
- Outstanding analytical skills and good understanding of statistical concepts
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, ERP systems and preferably JDA
For more information please contact Henri Baltussen or Rolf Drenthen, tel: (040) 259 50 00