Mechanical expert who develops aftertreatment for our new generation vehicles
Our engine & EAS development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the EAS Hardware group we have an open position for a mechanical expert.
As Aftertreatment Hardware Engineer you are responsible for in-production and future projects products for the European and North American markets.
- Develop new and adapt existing aftertreatment components, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability;
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle;
- Performing all required DFSS deliverables within the project, according Six Sigma principles, including requirement and validation definition;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning (both external and internal deliverables) and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
As Aftertreatment Hardware Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the Aftertreatment Hardware group.
Job profile and competences:
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical, Mechatronic or Engine Engineering;
- Minimal 3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferable in engine/aftertreatment;
- Good English skills are mandatory; Dutch skills are a pre;
- Strong analytical skills as well as fast in depth knowledge built-up;
- A strong team player with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality;
- CAD knowledge in NX is a pre.
- Starting as a 6 month project, extension / permanent contract possible
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000