Truck Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split into 5 groups: EAS Hardware, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries, CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a design engineer.
In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU team as well as to the Project Lead Engineer. As a design engineer, you design new engine components / systems for application in future engine families, in cooperation with design engineers, suppliers and production engineering. You are responsible for component releases within the pre-defined timeline, with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability and cost. Design processes are based on Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in-depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting (time) pressure
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear (level dependent) communication, both verbal as presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is highly prefered
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000