In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries. For the Auxiliaries group we have an open position for a design engineer for the next generation engine platform.
In this function you report to the Design Lead Engineer of the wiring harness group as well as to the Project Lead Engineer of the project team. As a design engineer you have a range of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the design team and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing constructions of the wiring harness to meet project targets.
- Main activity is related to the design and release process of engine components in CAD and SABER, but you are also responsible for initiating supporting activities in other groups such as verification activities at engine and vehicle test, mountingtest at Production etc.
- Contribution to simultaneous engineering teams with the engine factory and other parties is part of the job.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for engine knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex problem design projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills and SABER (harness tool) knowledge
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or knowledge is very beneficial
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000