The department Product Development Vehicle Electrics/Electronics is responsible for the application and development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems. The majority of the this development is outsourced, with an increasing focus on detailed specification of intended functional behavior of mechatronic systems. Application Software development is done by the supplier, or by our Embedded Engineering Department.
As an senior engineer vehicle electronics you are primarily responsible for the realization of the correct functioning of the vehicle system during the development phase, production run, series production, customer and service aspects.
You will be involved in the specification and development of new and modified electrical systems (e.g. ADAS systems, Cabin systems, Driveline systems ) and components, which are part of the total electrical system of the vehicle and you take care of the documentation, which is required for EOL- and dealer applications for the test system development.
You will be involved in electrical energy management of the vehicle, you are primarily responsible for applying the correct battery for each application and determine the current consumption of systems at different use cases to ensure an adequate battery lifetime and prevent break down of the vehicle caused by empty batteries .
You play a role as integrator between supplier and other internal departments, such as Marketing, After Sales, production, purchasing and testing, where the main focus is at in the right way specifying the functional systems (hardware and software) and providing monitoring of the entire development process.
- HTS/TU Electrical Engineering/Automotive Engineering/Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience with PC and Windows platform.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical/electronic systems of the vehicle.
- Knowledge and experience with CAN network applications on vehicles.
- Knowledge and experience with low voltage battery technology
- Knowledge and experience with energy management
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/State flow is preferred.
- Independence, initiative and focus on results.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of coordination and planning is an advantage.
- Team player.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English, and preferably also German.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000