The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of ourengines and Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. The candidate will be working in the Application Software group.
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well qualified senior Engineer to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
We are looking for a Defect Management Coordinator (Embedded Engineering)
The Defect Management Coordinator is responsible for managing Embedded Engineering related issues within the Platform development department, covering both Embedded Hardware and Software.
The Defect Management Coordinator is the central point of contact for Defect status related queries. As a Defect Management Coordinator you will be supporting the Defect Process and offer guidance to the application software development and hardware development teams as and when required.
In this role you’re responsible for the management and control of all defects within the in-house platform development environment. This includes:
- Owning and chairing Failure and Issue Review Board with Development, Verification and Plant & Proto Support teams, taking minutes and control the action lists.
- Ensuring defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed effectively through their lifecycle.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Representing on defect status towards management on a regular basis.
- Identify means of optimizing the defect management process internal and towards our stakeholders In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development.
- Technical education on college/university level with a specialisation in automotive engineering
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards)
- At least 3 year of relevant experience in the automotive domain
- Experience with defect management process and corresponding tools.
- Affinity with control system domain and software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of standard SAE J1939 – Serial Control and Communication Heavy-Duty Vehicle Network is a plus (especially SAE J1939-73 and SAE J1939-84).
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus
- Eager to learn the Defect management process as instated in the Embedded Engineering department
- The ability to chair, own, and steer Failure Review Board meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- You are able to manage repeatable standard processes along with the creativity to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with internal customers, influencing and persuading where appropriate and resolving any conflicts which arise.
- You are able learn from other team-members and explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly
- Pro-active attitude and demonstrable progress chasing and tracking.
- Fluent in English language – effective communication in both verbal and written form at all levels within the company.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000