Mechanical Expert & Technical Problem Solver
Pro-active team player for challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus
In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and Engine After-treatment System (EAS) configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products.
The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the Base engine group, we have an open position for an all-around mechanical expert.
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project product, as well as running business activities. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem solving team. You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project.
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
- Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000