Technical Team player who takes the lead in turbocharger development for current- and future engine platforms
In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations for our trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families.
The department is split into 5 groups: EAS Hardware, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries, CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a Mechanical Expert for Turbochargers
As Turbocharger Mechanical Expert, you are responsible for the technical development of the turbocharger, in close cooperation with Tier1 suppliers and internal stakeholders (Validation- and Calibration teams, Production Engineering, After Sales, Purchasing, etc). In this role, you apply your detailed hardware- and actuator software knowledge for the development of future engine platforms, as well as improving current product..
- Take a leading role in definition of turbocharger technologies for future projects, and initiate the required test- and simulation activities to prove that concepts are performing as expected.
- Solve testing- and/or field issues, by determining root-cause and solutions in a structured way
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Working according Design for Six Sigma methodologies
In this role, you report to the Line Lead Engineer Turbocharging (informal) and to the Supervisor Fuel Injection Equipment & Turbocharger (formal).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably within Engine- or Automotive Development
- (Detailed) Knowledge of turbocharger hardware
- Experience with problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Clear communication, both verbal and presentation wise
- Pro-active attitude and able to operate independently
- Clear and structured way of working
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000