Global Engines is the organization responsible for HD Truck engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centers, engine families are developed meeting future regulations.
As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
Within the engine development department, the System Definition group is responsible for project scoping, concept definition and functional requirements to meet (new) customer demands and emission regulations. To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are looking for a well-qualified Engine and Aftertreatment Research Engineer
- Develop heavy duty engines with focus on innovative concepts to fulfill future emissions regulations
- Drafting concepts to meet project goals and requirements
- Concept evaluation based on theoretical approach with focus on engine and aftertreatment integration
- Evaluate concepts in a multidisciplinary team based on simulation and/or testing
- Documentation and/or presentation of results
- Support simulation and test engineers with evaluation approach
- Take initiative to constantly improve related tools and processes
- Collaboration in multidisciplinary project teams
- MSc degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Specialized in combustion engine and/or engine aftertreatment
- Experience with development of heavy duty diesel engines and/or aftertreatment systems
- Experience with European and North-American emissions legislation is a pre
This person has the following competences
- Analytical capacity
- Good communication
- Attention to details
- Conceptual way of thinking
- Good English language skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre
As an engine and aftertreatment research engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Definition team.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000