Global Engines is the organization responsible for HD Truck engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centers, engine families are developed meeting future regulations.
As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
Within the engine development department, the System Definition group is responsible for project scoping, concept definition and functional requirements to meet (new) customer demands and emission regulations. To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are looking for a well-qualified Engine Development Engineer
- Develop heavy duty engines with focus on innovative concepts to fulfill future emissions regulations
- Concept evaluation based on simulation and/or experimental input
- Concept break-down to requirements (based on functional architecture)
- Specification of requirements and coordinating implementation in either hardware or controls
- Support simulation and test engineers with evaluation approach
- Take initiative to constantly improve related tools and processes
- Collaboration in multidisciplinary project teams
- MSc degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with development of heavy duty diesel engines and/or aftertreatment systems
- Experience on Six Sigma related processes
i.e. DMAIC, Design For Six Sigma, FMEA, Monte Carlo
- Good knowledge of requirement engineering
- Knowledge of development process models like SPICE is a pre
- Good English language skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre
This person has the following competences
- Analytical capacity
- Good communication
- Attention to details
- Conceptual way of thinking
As an engine and aftertreatment research engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Definition team.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000