Mechanical engineer who develops aftertreatment for our new generation vehicles
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and aftertreatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design (EHWD) is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and aftertreatment concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Aftertreatment Hardware.
As Aftertreatment Hardware Engineer you are responsible for in-production and / or future projects products for the European and North American markets.
- Develop new and / or improve existing aftertreatment components, in cooperation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability;
Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle;
- Performing all required DFSS deliverables within the project, according Six Sigma principles, including requirement and validation definition;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning (both external and internal deliverables) and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical, Mechatronic or Engine Engineering;
- Minimal 3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferable in engine/aftertreatment.
- Master key competences such as communication, team player, data analytics, and fast in depth knowledge built-up.
- Ability to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality.
- Master both the Dutch and English language, in writing and speaking.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000