As Vehicle Control Engineer you define and design a wide range of improved or new mechatronic product features to be introduced on new XF and CF models. The focus of this function will be on developing controls for powertrain related features (e.g. engine stop/start, mild hybrid) including Cyber Security measures.
Your job consists of two main tasks.
The first task is to define with a small team how to design vehicle controls which comply to the upcoming Cyber Security legislation – a new development area for us.
Secondly, you will design the actual control functions. Which includes concept and requirement definition, design and modelling and also actively supporting building of prototype vehicles for verification and validation of the functional design. You will write formal functional design requirement documents and monitor the function development towards implementation and validation.
You cooperate closely within a multidisciplinary team with different stakeholders, such as function owners, system owners, architects, test engineers and suppliers. You are the linking pin for translating their input into a feasible control concept design.
- For this high-tech function we are looking for candidates with a BSc or MSc background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in the automotive domain.
- You have excellent skills in modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and model based development, experience in requirements management tool Doors is a pre.
- You have an active hands-on mentality with a feel for the constructive aspects of prototyping.
- You can fluently speak and write English. Dutch is a pre.
- You have good communication skills and an analytical mind, are pro-active and have a committed team-player attitude.
The department Safety and Driver Controls within Product Development is responsible for the definition, design and validation of feasible control concepts for vehicle functions, both in advanced technology projects as in product development projects. These control concepts are applied in all vehicles.
For more information please contact Rolf Drenthen or Ruud van der Velden, tel: (040) 25 95 000